A PART-TIME POST in ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT At Dar Ġużeppa Debono
Ref: DĠD 1/2016
The chairperson of the Board of Governors of Dar Ġużeppa Debono Association invites suitable qualified individuals to submit their curriculum vitae for the engagement of an officer to administer and manage at Dar Ġużeppa Debono. The Association is established as a national non-profit making, non-political association with a philanthropic, cultural and educational purpose in order to give support to single parents and families in various stages of their lives. It also aims to promote the value of life through educational programmes aimed at all sectors of society.
2. Job Description
Dar Ġużeppa Debono Association would like to recruit the services of a qualified person who will administer and manage at Dar Ġużeppa Debono as from January 2017.
a. The overall purpose of this position will be to:
- oversee the support operations of Dar Ġużeppa Debono
- ensure that there is effective information flow and that resources are employed efficiently throughout the Assiociation
b. The responsibilities for this position will include but not be limited to, the provision of:
- Board Administration and Support by supporting operations and administration of Dar Ġużeppa Debono Board of Governors by advising and informing Board members, interfacing between Board and staff, and supporting Board's evaluation of administrative manager’s accountability and performance
- Program, Product and Service Delivery by overseeing design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs, products and services
- Financial, Tax, Risk and Facilities Management by recommending yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages organization's resources within those budget guidelines according to current laws and regulations
- Human Resource Management by effectively managing the human resources of the association according to authorized personnel policies and procedures that fully conform to current laws and regulations
- Community and Public Relations by assuring that the association and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in strong, positive image to relevant stakeholders
- Fundraising (non-profit-specific) by overseeing fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation
Administrative related qualifications and not less than one year experience in a related post is considered mandatory within this call, and qualifications and experience claimed must be supported by certificates and/or testimonials, copies of which should be attached to the application document. Original certificates and/or testimonials are to be invariably produced for verification at the interview.
It is the responsibility of the applicant, in possession of qualifications awarded by a foreign University/tertiary education institution, to produce a recognition statement on comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) within the Ministry of Education and Culture or by any other designated authority, as applicable, which statement should be attached to the application and the original presented at the interview. Candidates not in possession of this statement may still apply, provided that they submit a copy of
the statement, issued by the pertinent authority, to the receiving department as soon as available and, in any case, by not later than one month from the closing date of the call for employment.
We are seeking an individual who is organised and detail oriented with good analytical skills to run day to day operations.
Applicants must be proficient in both written and verbal Maltese and English languages and must also have computing skills.
The Officer at Dar Ġużeppa Debono should be of good moral character.
5. Working Conditions
The appointment is on a part-time basis and is subject to the policies of Dar Ġużeppa Debono Association. Work by the officer should be carried out in the office of Dar Ġużeppa Debono, Għajnsielem Gozo. Working hours which include 20 hours per week are to be discussed with the applicants during the interview.
6. Contract duration
Engagement will commence in January 2017 and is subject to a probationary period of one year.
7. Submission of application
Applicants are to submit:
- a hand-written covering letter with an expression of interest for the post;
- a detailed Curriculum Vitae in the European Curriculum Vitae Format vitae clearly outlining academic background and work experience;
- copies of qualifying certificates;
- documentation of related experience.
The above mentioned documents are to be sent through registerred mail to:
The Chairperson of the Board of Governors
Dar Ġużeppa Debono, Lourdes Street,
Għajnsielem GSM 2200, Gozo.
by not later than noon of Tuesday, 6th December 2016
Sufficient time should be allowed in order to ensure delivery by the above deadline.
8. Eligible applicants will be short-listed for an interview by a Selection Board to assess their suitability for the post.
9. Contact person:
DAR GUZEPPA DEBONO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
- Maria Attard
- Having babies: a “resource” and an “answer” to overcome the current crisis
- Background situation on teenage mothers
- Gynaecology Malignancies and other Chronic Conditions
- Lwien Project