Request for Services of Trainig in Malta
Tender in PDF format can be downloaded from link provided below.
My name is Miriam Grech and I am the Project Manager at Dar Ġuzeppa Debono in Gozo, sister island of Malta. Dar Ġuzeppa Debono, is an NGO run by volunteers who provide residence, support, and professional help to single mothers, fathers, and their respective families in liaison with other agencies. We also support single mothers who generally are under shock at the news of an unplanned pregnancy, and educate young and adults alike to learn to respect themselves and the life of an unborn child. We are at the forefront when it comes to sex and relationship awareness in Gozo.
At the moment, Dar Ġużeppa Debono is implementing ‘The Three Losses’, project funded through the Voluntary Organisations Project Scheme managed by the Malta Council for the Voluntary Sector on behalf of the Ministry for Education and Employment . Through this project, we aim to treat and assist persons who are suffering from the losses of infertility, abortion, miscarriage / still born to regain confidence, become a stronger person and reintegrate in the local community.
The project includes:
- Train the trainers: training will be given to professionals and volunteers who will be assisting in the implementation of the project and new services;
- Awareness: a marketing campaign on the project and the creation of a referral system;
- Follow-up workshops for the professional team: sharing of different experiences and knowledge;
- Mental health support: providing the services of psychologists and therapists, 10 free sessions for each couple or individual;
- Peer groups: the sharing of their life experiences and difficulties to assist one another and find comfort and support in a specially designed group; and
- A final conference presenting the results achieved through this project.
With regards to the Train the Trainers Seminar, ten professionals are to be trained by an expert speaker, which is the reason we are approaching you. We are very interested in what you do in your organisation. We would like you to facilitate a think-tank day with multiple experts ranging from counsellers, bio ethics professionals, family therapist, and midwife among others, in order to create an awareness campaing and create multidisciplinary services for couples and individual who passed through miscarriage, IVF or abortion.
We would like to hold the training seminar on either the 27th of April, 4th of May or 11th of May. We would be able to subsidise flights to and from Malta with a budget of €300, 3 night accommodation with a budget of €300 and offer you an honorarium fee of €500.
Kindly let us know if you are interested by the 15th of March, noon, so we can set up a Skype Meeting when we can discuss materials as well as dates, setting up your flights and accommodation and any other matters.
Project Manager, Dar Ġużeppa Debono
- Maria Attard
- Having babies: a “resource” and an “answer” to overcome the current crisis
- Background situation on teenage mothers
- Lwien Project
- Gynaecology Malignancies and other Chronic Conditions